Being part of Canada’s two strongest provincial economies does offer great opportunity for business and lifestyle in Lloydminster.
- Ranked #2 Canadian Entrepreneurial City by the Canadian Federation of Independent Business
- 47.6% of Lloydminster population is under 30 years of age.
- Exempt from Saskatchewan’s Provincial Sales Tax (PST)
- Lloydminster is currently experiencing a development boom; Construction values in 2011 = $180,400,00.00 which is a 38% increase from the previous year. It was the largest construction value recorded in the history of the City of Lloydminster. In a matter of 3 years (2006-2011), Lloydminster has seen a 74.9% increase in construction value numbers.
- Located half way between Saskatoon and Edmonton on the TransCanada Yellowhead Highway
- The domestic Centre of Husky Energy’s Canadian operations, including:
- Lloydminster Heavy Oil Upgrader (82,000 barrels per day)
- Asphalt Refinery (28,000 barrels per day)
- Ethanol Plant (130 million litres per year)
|Population growth since 2002||32.5%|
|Population within commuting distance (1 hour)||165,000|
|Average lease rate, Office ($/square foot)||$11|
|Average rate, Retail ($/square foot)||$25|
|Cost of serviced industrial land ($/acre)||$200,000|
|Median Household income ($)||$107,132|
|Property tax for business (mill rate)||11.903|
|Business Tax||No business tax|
|Wait time for development permits (days)||2 weeks for Commercial; 2-3 days for residential|
|Largest employer (with number of employees)||Husky Energy with 800 employees|
|Distance from city center to nearest airport||8.8kms|
|Construction values in 2011 (approx.)||$180,400,000|
* Table: Figures from April 2012